PLEASE "like" our fanpage!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

YOUR dream life


The idea for today's blog post actually came to me as my alarm was going off at 5:15am today.

Not gonna lie. I was beat. Totally and completely exhausted and not really wanting to get our of bed. The two-a-day workouts that I have been doing are taxing me and getting up on 6 hours of sleep is a challenge. By the way, I post my days workouts on my other blog. Please jump on over there and check it out is you want some solid fitness motivation on a daily basis: CLICK TO READ "NO EXCUSES" BLOG. 

Thought in my mind as I peeled myself out of bed this morning was this, "HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS WHEN THEY HATE WHAT THEY DO?"

I heard recently that 80-85% of people hate their jobs. Could it be that many? Yikes.

So that was what I was thinking about. How in the world do people get up day after day and go do things that they hate, in a body that they hate just to get up and do it again. I just don't understand.

Why do you accept this?

I want to share with you today a little about my personal journey to where I am and how I am building my dream life.

When I moved to Florida 9 years ago I decided to "make money" by being a contractor. Long story short, the economy crashed and my plan didn't quite work out and I lost my house and was $50,000 in debt.

At that point my marriage became very stressed. My wife at the time decided that I needed a "job". I refused to go get a "job". I decided that I needed to use my talents and be in fitness again.

It took a year to get a full time job in fitness but I stuck it out to follow my dream. She wanted me to go work for UPS. (I'm not sure where that came from) There was no way I was going to go work for someone else in a life sucking job just so that we could live a certain lifestyle.

I just wasn't doing it.

A while later after my divorce I remember being at a point where I was so broke that I literally didn't have more than $10 to my name and no credit cards. One of my friends and mentors invited me to lunch and I prayed that he would pay because I didn't have enough money to buy lunch.

I was in my late 30's and I couldn't buy myself lunch.

Pathetic for sure. 

But you know what? I still got up everyday EXCITED for life and EXCITED what the day was going to bring.

Happy for a life that I was designed where now I look through Facebook and I see things like this...

"Every single day. Every time I play with my daughter, run a mile, complete a workout, buy new smaller clothes I know where I'd be if i hadn't met the Copleys"

You can't put a price tag or a dollar amount on how that makes me feel. So I stuck it out and I worked on a life that I could be proud of. I was single. I was broke. I really didn't know what things would turn our like but I knew that if I held my head up high, stayed positive and focused on personal growth and on helping others that things would turn out well for me. 

There were some dark days. There were some emotional struggles. It wasn't easy and it still hard sometimes.

I stuck with a vision of being happy and creating something special. 

Teresa showed up at exactly the right time and exactly when I had stopped looking. 

Together we started creating a vision. Together we started to build something special with our fitness business. 

Then we started Advocare.

This blog post isn't a sales pitch to get you to use Advocare or to join our team. That is not a the point. The point is to share with you how we are creating a dream life in our eyes. To us our personal freedom and the empowering of others is a life better then I have ever dreamed of. Your vision may be different. Or maybe it might be for you....

For us it started when we decided to build Advocare together. 

Since we started over 2 years ago we have helped more people than I had in the previous 12 years as a trainer, met more amazing people than I had in 38 years, developed the best friendships in our life and we have grown more as people than we could have ever imagined. 

It's amazing what you can do when you focus on helping others succeed. 

We live a life of freedom. We make out own schedule. I spend my days working out, writing blogs and talking to people about how we can help them.

The kids don't have to go to daycare or a babysitter. 

We have freedom and we have a dream life.

Are we rich? FAR FROM IT. Bills are tough to pay sometimes but we have very little stress in our lives because we are our own bosses. We get up when we want and we do things when we want to do them.

It is a dream life.

How can YOU build a dream life?

How can you get out of the misery of work and getting laid off and writing resumes and having to be away from your family all day? 

It's really simple.

Follow your dreams. 

Wake up with INTENTION. Move in a direction and don't let anyone push you from your path. 

Direct sales / MLM may not be for you. I get that. There can be a negative stigma attached to it. Everybody has an uncle or and neighbor who was burned by a "pyramid scheme". This is true just like everyone knows someone who got laid off, fired, passed over for a "promotion", works long hours, never sees their kids, is unhealthy and stressed, hates their job, hates their life, doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning.....

The freedom to stay home with your kids may not be for you. The freedom to give yourself a $20,000 per year raise (which is how much Advocare paid us the first year) may not be your thing. Making $1800-$3000 per month (which is what we average from Advocare now) "working" from home 10-15 hours per week isn't for everybody.

Changing lives and helping people may not be for you.....

...but what if it is?

What if a year from now you were building the dream life like we are doing? What if a week, a month or a year from now you were to spring out of bed knowing that there is something special for you in your day besides your life sucking job? What if.... 

I'm going to close out today's post with a question to you. Are you living a dream life? Be honest with yourself. Is this life the life you dreamed about as a kid?

My blessings are from decisions that I made. MANY of those decisions were HARD. Many times I have done things (AND STILL DO!) that are SO HARD but I know that to live later like no one else I need to live now like no one else. 

The ball is in your court. Are you willing to stand up and take control or are you going to let others rule you? The choice is yours. 

The 40 minute video found at the link that I am going to give you could be your answer; is was and it our answer. I don't know if it is for you or not. I really don't. But....ask yourself, considering what i have told you.... WHAT IF IT IS?

Do you have 40 minutes to invest to see what is possible? Can you carve out 40 minutes just to see if this is the answer to living YOUR dream life? ----> www.ChampionsWebinar.com 

I hope that you got value in today's post. If you watch the video and have questions or see something there for you then TAKE ACTION. Pick up the phone and call me (352-989-6795) or email me (rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com)

Do you know some people that may be struggling in life and could use a pick me up? Will you please share with them? THANK YOU!

To your success!











Rick Copley, Your Best Fitness Coach 
"Empowering YOU to be a champion
rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com
352-989-6795

No comments:

Post a Comment