PLEASE "like" our fanpage!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Dog with a blog

No...wait. Dog as a certified personal trainer.



Sounds ridiculous, right? Well... my dog can run circles around me and when she chases animals it REALLY makes me tired chasing her so I guess she could be a trainer.

Entirely not my point.

A while back I read a story from one of my personal training mentors about a dog as a certified personal trainer. I know, right? This dude actually signed up his dog and took a test and got a real live piece of paper that said the dog was a CPT. (Certified personal trainer) The things people do for pets...

Seriously. Anybody can call themselves a personal trainer. There are lots of trainers out there that shouldn't be trainers and, in do time, won't be any more.

Most trainers are young and most trainers are idealistic. In other words they become trainers to make more money, or... yeah...that's it. Most do it to make more money. Everyone hears the story of some dude at some gym that makes mega bucks as a trainer.

The math seems to work until you look at it.

Dude, they charge $50 per hour. Wow. That's a lot of money. No it's not.

Really.

For every client that is good and pays consistently there are 4 that flake out and leave you hanging.

I am off topic. Sorry.

It's new years resolution time! It's the time when people set goals and GET INTO ACTION. Love this time of year! It's also the time of year when people that are "certified" think they are "qualified" to be a trainer or boot camp instructor.

Watch this short video to see what I have to say about this:


Now KEEP IN MIND. I can't stress this enough... your trainer doesn't have to be a 10 year plus veteran with no other job to be a good trainer. I'm not saying that.

Be fit. Be motivated. Join a gym. Sign up with a trainer. Join a boot camp. Just make sure that the person who is instructing you knows what they are doing.

Talking to people that have worked with the trainer in the past is usually a good idea. Seek out someone on your own vs someone that the trainer referred you to. They will be more honest!

If you go some value then feel free to comment and share this post. To learn more about what we do with Your Best Fitness Coach then go ahead and like our Facebook Group or check out our website: yourbestfitnesscoach.com .

To you health and fitness!

By the way, my 23 minute recorded conference call is still available to listen to at your leisure. No sign in required. No capture page. Just dial in and GET VALUE: 559-729-1099 code 342621 Ref#25.


No comments:

Post a Comment