PLEASE "like" our fanpage!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Heart break at Winn-Dixie

We were checking out at the super market just yesterday. The lady cashier was very nice and helped us out with a coupon when she really didn't have to.

I love good customer service.



Here is the coupon story and within it lies the heartbreak. Our coupon was only good if we spend more than $50. The bill came to $44 but Teresa, the wonderful only lady at the cash register who shares a name with my lovely wife, said, "No problem. I'll get an override and you can use the coupon."

Awesome.

She called over Sara and Sara took care of it.

Now, let me stop right there. I am NOT being judgmental and I DO NOT pretend to know these people or their circumstance in life. This is just an observation that illustrates a point to me. Bear with me and please give me a little latitude.

Teresa looked to be 60+ while Sara was no older than 21 or 22. Sara was the "manager" whom Teresa needed to approve the override so that we could save $5.

This is what came to my mind. Why is this older lady working at Winn-Dixie being supervised by a girl who could very well be her grand daughter?

Who really knows. Maybe Teresa just loves people and has a million dollars in the bank and works for the fun of it. That is not the point.

The point is that WAY TO MANY people are working late into life when they should be kicked back on the beach, playing golf and spoiling their grand children.



That is what broke me heart.

How many people do you know that are working full time after 60 because they have to simply to survive?

I say it's more then there should be and I am NOT going to be one of them.

Again, nothing again people working late into life. We do what we have to do.

Take a moment to reflect on your life. Are you prepared to retire and stop working at a reasonable age? That age for me is 50. After 50 if I work I will do it because I WANT to NOT because I have to.

There is a distinction.

You may ask why this is part of a fitness blog?

What does saving for retirement have to do with fitness?

Everything!

As you age what does better health do for you? I have a few thoughts...
- You have less stress so you have less disease.
- You are happier so you are more successful.
- You have more energy so you are a more productive worker so you make more money.
- You spend less money on health care and have more money to save and invest.

This is 100% truth.

These is nothing more important for your future than your health today.

My wife Teresa and I do two things. We health people get better health and we help people earn income with a Plan B. CLICK HERE to learn more about the income part.

If you want to learn more about how we can make you healthy we have programs for you if you are local to central Florida and if you are not.

Shoot me an email and we can set up a time to talk about your goals.

Does this article make sense? If it does please share with your friends so that maybe we can help them as well.

To you success!











Rick CopleyYour Best Fitness Coach
"Empowering YOU to be a champion
rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com
352-989-5795

No comments:

Post a Comment