But that is not what resonated with me. It was an awesome theme but to me it was ONE WORD that got stamped on my heart and soul.
One word: Elite.
It came from Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witton.
He said this, "Be elite in every aspect of your life."
The words hit me hard.
Jason Witton is a true man among men. He came from a broken home and has an outstanding story. When he was a teenager his grand father became his mentor and coach. His grand father told him that if he wanted to be elite in football first he needed to be elite in every area of his life. Those are some powerful words.
Jason took it to heart and the rest..well...is history. READ MORE.
He has become not only and elite football player but a LEADER is so many areas.
I bring up Jason Witton and his message from Leadership School for a very specific message.
My message to you is the same as Jason's message to the Advocare Leadership Team: Be elite in every area of your life.
Don't get me wrong. This isn't easy. It is a process but you can do it.
Honestly it's not my job to help you be elite in most of the areas. My job is to help you to be elite is the area of health and fitness.
The following 10 tips will not only help you to reach peak health BUT ALSO will help you be feel better, look better and be better in life in general. If you somehow think that your health and vitally isn't tied to success in EVERY area of your life well then I may not be able to help you...
1. Become a positive person. Eliminate all negatively from your life. PERIOD.
2. Become a doer and not and excuse maker.
3. Stop seeking attention on social media and start making a difference. Positive attention is giving to those doing things. Negative attention is given to people asking for attention.
4. Establish unbreakable rules in your life. For example: I do not drink soda, I do not eat fast food, I do not do drugs, I do not smoke...etc. You get the point. Don't break your own rules. Be ELITE!
5. Workout everyday and bring others with you.
6. Fuel your body the right way and don't give into the latest greatest "fad" diet. A balanced approach is ALWAYS the right way. How do you know if it is a fad diet? It has a NAME!
7. Supplement your body with only the best micro nutrition. My suggest is the use Advocare supplements. It's what Jason Witton uses. If it's good enough for him then its good enough for me.
8. Be involved in a sport. Golf, softball, running, triathlon...it doesn't matter what the sport. Do something that you will have to train for. This will help you to stay focused.
9. Involve and support your family in fitness activities. It's about paying it forward. Don't discount how important this is!
10. Balance contentment and ambition. This is a blog post in itself. Be proud of who you are and what you look like. But NEVER be satisfied with that. ALWAYS try to be better and be more! I took a lame selfie at the store yesterday. To show that I have little shame...here is it:
I worked out 3 times yesterday.
Am I content with the way I look and the way I feel? 100% YES!
Do I still work hard to look better, feel better and be better. 100% YES!
So there you have it. Be elite in every area of your life and you are guaranteed to find success. How could you not?
I leave with you a final thought today.
Don't expect to do one or two things "elite" and find true happiness. You can take that statement however you take it. Lot's of people have lots of money and are very unhappy. Lot's of fit people are unhappy. Lot's of people excel in one area of life but falter in others.
Be honest. Look yourself in the mirror and ask, "Am I elite in every area of my life?"
If the answer is no then get to work becoming elite. Then you will find happiness.
Hope you found value here. Please like, comment and share if you feel that this message may help someone you know that needs it. We appreciate that!
To your success!
Rick Copley, Your Best Fitness Coach
"Empowering YOU to be a champion"