PLEASE "like" our fanpage!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Honesty is the best policy


Honesty is the best policy. Have you seen this picture making the rounds on social media?
Brilliant. Freakin' brilliant. 

Dale Carnegie talks about it in his famous book "How to Win Friends and Influence People." What is the most popular word in ANY language?

It's YOUR name! 

It's the word that we all want to hear. We look for it in writing. We listen for it. We want to hear our own name. Research clearly proves that it is the word that we want to hear the most. 

So Coke goes and puts peoples names on their cans and bottles. Wow. That is good thinking. I bet it's made them a lot of money and helped to further our health problems.

Well played Coke. Well played. 

If you don't understand the dangers of soda then you definitely need to educate yourself. Lot's of great resources out there. I would start by going to Google and typing "dangers of Coke".

That is not the point of this article. 

I want to share with you my personal history and my story when it comes to soda and more specifically energy drinks. My hope that is my story will impact and maybe help you in some way. 

I always drank soda as a kid. I was an athlete but I was never told it was bad. I wouldn't say I drank a lot but... yeah...I had my share. 

As I got into college I can honestly say that I got away from drinking soda for the most part. I was never addicted so I just didn't bother with it all that much.

When I got a little older I found Mountain Dew. I LOVED myself some Mountain Dew. I started to get addicted. For a period of time in my early 30's I had to have my Dew everyday. It was a crazy bad habit.

Then came my asthma and other health issues. As part of my change for the better and retaking my health I quit drinking soda for several years. 

It's amazing how much better I felt!

Then I had my first Monster. I think I was doing a a long drive and I needed to stay awake. It's amazing how much of a jolt 16 ounces of Monster Energy Drink will give you! 

A week or two later I bought another one. For a while I had one every other day until the fateful day that I had one two days in a row and I was hooked.

For 3 years I had to have a Monster Energy Drink each and every day. At times I was so poor that I didn't have money to put gas in my car so I could drive to work but I found a way to buy that Monster. It was a sad state. 

Eventually the Monster didn't have the desired effect and by mid afternoon I could either suffer or I could have second Monster. When I had a second one I felt bloated and just BLAH. 

If there was ever a day that I didn't have a Monster you would not believe how bad I felt. 

Then one day I found Spark and I haven't had a Monster since. I feel so much better now that I don't have that addiction. If I don't have the Spark I feel fine. If I have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th Spark I feel good and never crappy and bloated like Monster made me feel. 

This isn't a sales pitch for Spark but that is my story and Monster's are out of my life.

Do you see how it can happen? Share a Coke. Share another Coke. BOOM. Addiction.

My message to you today is simple. Don't play into this stupid marketing campaign; and that is what it is. It's a marking campaign that will make them billions at the cost of your health. 

Please don't play into it. Please don't. 

If you drink soda I would recommend two things. First I would look into our 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge. If you do some clean eating you will automatically start to feel better and it will help you get off the soda. 


Also, I would check out Advocare's Spark energy and metal focus drink. Soda has caffeine and a boat load of sugar and other BAD, BAD stuff. Spark has some caffeine but it is backed up with 21 vitamins and minerals. It costs about the same as soda. Which do you think is better?


I hope that you got value out of today's post. Please share with your friends if you like the message. THANK YOU!

Have a great week! 
Rick Copley | Your Best Fitness Coach  | "Empowering YOU to be a champion" 
Your Best Fitness Coach Facebook Page |Rick's No Excuses Blog




No comments:

Post a Comment