PLEASE "like" our fanpage!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Torture Chamber

It's funny the things I hear that stick in my mind.

I really wish that I could report that I heard more good things. I guess that is why obesity is going up every year and our society is getting more and more apathetic.

I was walking through the bank today. It was like a campus library during spring break, you could hear a pin drop.

The teller asks me what I was up to. I told her, "Just doing my banking then going for a run".

Of course another teller jumps into the conversation. "THAT is what what I am doing. I am working then going to my personal trainer."

I wish she had stopped at that but... she. Did. Not.

"It's like going to a torture chamber, when I go I feel like I am going to die."



Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Honestly, it really, really, REALLY drives me nuts to hear people speak like this.

I went for a run. During my run I got sweaty, my legs hurt and I can even admit that I was tired. But how did I feel about it? I was proud of myself for doing it. I know that I just helped my body to process toxins, burn calories and build muscle  I loved that I went for a run. I loved that I was going to go for a run before the run started. RIGHT NOW I am happy that I did it and I am GRATEFUL for the experience.

Maybe my mindset is part of the reason that I look and feel better than ever even though I'm a couple clicks this side of 40.

Back to the lady with the bad attitude.



If you speak negatively about a situation in the future guess what that experience is going to be like? It's going to be a train wreck. It's going to be something that you despise doing and..guess what? Wait for it... WAIT FOR IT... you are going to QUIT.

Who really wants to be tortured?

I sure don't.

My message today is this:

Work out every day. You don't have to like it but at least don't tell people it's "torture". That's stupid. It's empowering.

Your attitude determines your altitude. If your attitude stinks then SO DO YOU.


1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more, Rick. It really is sad that people think like this. One problem I see is when people try to go from sitting on their butts to a full blown, hard core workout...I do not think that is for the best. I have a friend that is down 130lbs. He said he started by just walking a block to the stop sign at the end of his street..then one day walked around the block..then eventually went a mile. Now he is healthy and worksout daily...looks and acts like a whole new person. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete